Finding new ways for member boards to connect with NCEES and each other remains a key focus for the organization.
The redesign of the ncees.org website put the focus on finding more productive and engaging ways to connect with website visitors. The redesign, which was launched in June 2016 along with the E3 system, focused on making the site easier to navigate, increasing user engagement, and improving the format to work better with mobile devices. NCEES conducted extensive research—phone interviews with member board administrators as well as focus groups and surveys with students, interns, professionals, and educators—to identify opportunities for improvement.
To ensure that visitors to ncees.org understand the organization’s purpose and services and can easily navigate the site to access the information they want, the redesigned site concentrated on the following:
- Unobtrusively dividing users into target audiences
- Providing custom user flows based on the most common needs and requests of each target audience
- Presenting information that is relevant for each target audience
- Making clear distinctions between the roles of NCEES and the licensing boards
- Promoting the appropriate steps for an individual’s path to licensure
- Advancing professional licensure
Increasing participation from member boards
NCEES has worked on several initiatives this year to meet its strategic goal of the organization’s governance systems, processes, and structures facilitate active and effective engagement of all member boards.
Board members connect with each other and share their ideas and feedback with NCEES at zone meetings and the annual meeting. To encourage higher attendance, the organization funded all member board members and administrators appointed in the last 24 months to attend their first annual meeting. At the 2016 annual meeting, delegates also voted to increase funding of delegates to the annual and zone interim meetings from two to three delegates.